Our Cardiovascular Fellowship Program accepts applications only through the ERAS system, a centralized application processing service. Paper applications will not be accepted. The Cardiovascular program follows the July application cycle as stated in the ERAS Timeline. Our program participates in the NRMP match and Match dates for the Cardiovascular Fellowship Program are listed at the Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP).
2020 Recruitment Schedule: (for appointment Year starting July 1, 2021)
Please note some of the changes in this years fellowship interview cycle given the ongoing COVID pandemic.
- August 2020: Given the inability of applicants to visit our program, starting in August we will host various online sessions for interested applicants to learn more about our program, visit our hospitals, and meet our fellows. More information will be provided on our website once the sessions our finalized, and interested applicants will be able to sign up.
- Wed August 12, 2020: ERAS opens for program review of candidates submitted applications
- September 1, 2020: UM / JMH Cardiovascular Fellowship Application Deadline.
COMPLETE applications are due by this time—incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed
- September-October 2020: Virtual Interviews will be conducted
- Given the current COVID pandemic, this year we will NOT be offering in-person interviews
- All interviews will be Virtual
- We will provide further information about the interview process for those invited to interview
- We will do our best to accommodate interview applicants to the best of our ability
- NRMP Fellowship Match: The NRMP has not decided on whether the for fellowship match will be postponed given the COVID pandemic. For more up to date information, visit the: NRMP FAQ during COVID pandemic site.
- The currently listed schedule for the Medical Specialties Matching Program via NRMP are as follows:
- August 26, 2020: Match Opens
- September 30, 2020: Rank Order List opens
- November 20, 2020: Rank Order List deadline
- December 2, 2020: Fellowship Match Day at 12 pm
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements by the beginning of the program:
- Graduate from an ACGME-accredited internal medicine training program,
- US citizen, US permanent resident, or in possession of a J-1 visa,
- ECFMG-certification if a foreign medical graduate,
- Graduate of an LCME accredited Medical School, if completed in the United States or Canada or a Graduate of an AOA accredited Osteopathic Medical School
- Passing scores on Steps 1, 2, and 3 of USMLE or COMLEX-USA.
Your application must consist of the documents listed below. Incomplete or applications submitted to ERAS past the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Updated CV, including publications
- One page personal statement detailing your interest in Cardiology, as well as career goals
- Medical School transcripts
ECFMG Certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (formerly the Dean’s letter)
- USMLE or COMLEX-USA test scores
- Minimum of three recommendation letters, including one from the internal medicine residency Program Director
- Citizenship/Residency/Visa status
Please note that we do not sponsor the H1 visa.
If you have any further questions or to request more information please contact our program coordinator.